9 X 12 – Housekeeping

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms NCIS 9 X 12 – Housekeeping

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

I won’t be reviewing this episode because I won’t be watching it! If anyone else wants to discuss it then the thread is here.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It was okay. Just okay. Actually, I feel like most of the episodes of late have just been okay.
      I’m not a Tiva fan…so the last three minutes were unpleasant to watch. Why they keep forcing these two together baffles me. I just don’t see anything resembling genuine affection between them.
      Plotwise, this ep had a season finale vibe to it, what with the arrest of Stratton, (who is very creepy) and the safe house explosion. Since this storyline seems wrapped up (unless Stratton escapes?) I’m curious about what the finale will entail. I feel bad for Tony. The poor guy needs a steady, normal girl that he doesn’t need to lie to, who doesn’t put him down, and who won’t leave him for dead in an alley. (I’ll happily volunteer! hehe)
      I don’t have a good feeling about this new SecNav. Him and Vance rub me the wrong way.
      Did anyone see the preview for next week? Without being spoiler-y, I’ll just say I’m curious about what Ziva will tell him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Disappointing. The episode was a bit of a damp squid as far as I was concerned. The only little spark was when Gibbs asked Tony what he was thinking and even at that I felt Gibbs should have pushed him harder for answers when he obviously knew his agent was keeping something to himself.
      As for the whole Ziva/Tony thing? It was pityful

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Yeah – I know some people are raving about S9 but honestly I only see marginal improvement – I loved Newborn King and some of the early season eps but since The Penelope Papers onwards it’s more often missed than hit and the big, much touted two parter, Engaged was incredibly lame.
      I really feel done with NCIS. I’ll watch the 200th ep but that’s it. I’m going to stop watching. I find it so hard to engage with it or care any more after what it’s done to its premise and some much loved characters.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Gibbs/Tony scenes were great. A lot of emotional intensity. Completely negated by the vomit-inducing Tiva crap, of course.
      This is terrible of me, but whenever I saw Ziva on screen I just kept thinking “You look fat.”
      I’m probably done with the series as well. I’m pissed off and sad in equal measure.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I just couldn’t stomach the Tiva so I haven’t watched it. I’m ready to give up on this show. It feels like when everyone else found it, it went down the pan trying to cater to them all, instead of being the lovely show it was back when just a handful of us were watching and loving it :-( . I hate that that happened. I was a fan since day one but the Tiva folks moved in and made it all about THAT.
      I miss the team and I miss Abby and Ducky. I miss the show it once was. I can’t see the point of continuing to watch it because it’ll never be that show again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I didn’t know about the Tiva part of the episode or I wouldn’t have watched it. I almost didn’t – I just had a bad vibe about it but eventually put it down to having a bad dinner. No! My gut would not betray me like that!
      But you’re right – with the huge numbers the show is pulling in there won’t be many changes to the current format which means we’ll get more Tiva, no character development for Abby, McGee will continue to stagnate, Ducky will deliver a few words of wisdom and then disappear, Jimmy will stutter humorously before fleeing the scene and Gibbs will turn into the uber father figure for everyone on his team rather than their boss. Not really the show I want to watch.
      I remember being totally excited when I heard David McCallum was going to be in a two-part “Jag” episode for a possible spin-off. I was giddy with anticipation and loved every minute of it. Of course, in the actual series the characters were very different than they were in “Jag” but I liked them almost as much. Never liked Ziva, even though I was never a massive fan of Kate, but was enjoying the show so I stuck with it. It went from ‘must-watch-TV’ to ‘oh-it’s-Tuesday-NCIS-is-on’ to ‘oh-it’s-on-demand-so-I-don’t-have-to-watch-it-live’ to ‘not-bothering-anymore’.
      I almost feel betrayed because I was fairly certain I’d read that Tiva was no more because Harmon & Weatherly thought it was dumb and they finally had the pull to make it go away. At least they managed to stop Tony from being dumbed down, but it’s too little late I fear.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’d love to know where you read that re Harmon and Weatherly. I think a lot of fans have guessed that’s what Weatherly in particular feels, but there’s been no official word that it’s what happened. I must admit when GG took over, it looked to me like MH and MW genuinely liked him and had his ear. Whereas it seemed that MH in particular didn’t get on well with Shane Brennan, the previous showrunner.
      A lot of us thought that with MH being exec producer, he used his clout to speak to GG about the damage being done to Tony’s character under SB and how stupid Tiva had become. During the early part of S9 I think we DID think that’s what had happened and GG had listened and maybe Tiva was gone for good. No such luck. I think they saw the Tiva fans wailing and panicked and thought they should throw them a bone. Sadly, that bone proved fairly indigestible for the rest of us.
      it’s all about the characters’ love lives now. Poor Ducky is so underused it’s criminal and we barely see Abby either. I hope DM WANTS to be working so much less than he did in the beginning because otherwise I’m furious on his behalf. He’s one of the main reasons I watched the show in the beginning too – I’ve been a fan since The Great Escape. I adored him as a kid – in those war movies, and in Sapphire and Steel etc. And PP has a massive following but they barely use her – it’s all Ziva all the time. I’m sick to death of Ziva now. I’ve never hated a fictional character more. I utterly despise her.
      You definitely should have listened to your gut! LOL! I was told not to watch it by people I trust so I didn’t. In fact, I’ve given up on it now. I just don’t care enough to keep bothering with a show that is really pretty crappy compared to PoI or Suits. Its mytharcs are laughable and its characterisations are poor. It now just seems like any other soap with a bit of a murder thrown in along the way. And maybe the occasional boat.
      I personally hope the ratings drop. It seems unfair that much better shows aren’t getting anywhere near the same huge audiences while this crap brings in the numbers every week. If the ratings dropped in reaction to Tiva that’d be great *g*. I’m not expecting it though. NCIS appears to be a bullet proof juggernaut right now. It’s safe and formulaic and people like that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I tried to find the Harmon thing again, but I can’t. It’s entirely possible that my brain made inferences based on a culmination of what I’d read. I re-read the TV Guide “Dynamic Duo” article again tonight thinking it might have been in that (it wasn’t) but it made me incredibly sad because they were talking about the Gibbs/DiNozzo relationship with such positivity that I remember how excited I was for “Baltimore” and how much I was looking forward to season nine in the hopes that their commitment to their characters and their characters relationship would be dealt a better hand – which it has been. Even with all the Tiva shit and the marshmallowing of Senior, the relationship between the two most important characters on the show was being handled really well.
      I’ve only ever despised one other fictional character on the level that I despise Ziva and that’s Sam Carter. And it’s for pretty much the exact same reasons.
      NCIS is on American television more than 100 hours a week. I looked it up last week and it was 117 episodes, this week it’s 110. Even before my complete disillusionment, I couldn’t bear all the repeats. It’s what keeps hooking new people into the show though. I was reading the EW Pop Watch thing on “Housekeeping” and it seems pretty evenly split down the middle between the Tiva/No!Tiva people. I’m biased but the Tiva people come across as vapid – they’re both hot so they should be together – while the No!Tiva people are more worried that it will kill the show because moves like that are proven to kill the show. Even if they never get together but keep the “flirting” going on, I think it will disillusion a lot of viewers. If the ratings did go down at least the behind the scenes people who are against Tiva would have a fighting chance.
      I don’t know. I give up.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’ve heard about people disliking Sam Carter and while I never watched SG1 I can understand why. “Sammy the wonder horse” was one description of her and she sounds too annoying for words! LOL!
      I’ve come to the conclusion I really only like female characters on shows that are ABOUT the women. Like Rizzoli and Isles – I LOVE those girls to bits. But that’s because they are the focus and it’s told from their pov – and also the guys on that show are treated like the girls on other shows. And a lot of the show’s writers and production staff are women which helps.
      I’m not going to watch NCIS again – except for the 200th ep and I won’t watch that either if they ruin it with Tiva. I’m tired of all this – the show has let me down too often and I don’t even like it now, let alone love it. But I agree that’s how they get the ratings – with all the reruns all over the place. We just have to hope that Tiva kills the ratings and the show dies a death – it really doesn’t deserve its current popularity but I guess it’s safe and formulaic. I just mourn for that lovely little show nobody was watching in S1 and 2 that was SO damn good.
      Never mind. There’s plenty of other good shows to watch. And Suits will be back soon!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons