Suits 1-10

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms Suits Suits 1-10

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Just watched the 10 episodes over two days and wow…gulp..meep….grrr … yes! … *cry* … and Mike you’re such an IDIOT! and then there is the other uh oh… :)
      Thats all she wrote x

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Heh! I’m afraid I gave up on the show completely after the first half of the season. This isn’t the show I fell in love with! It’s a different show entirely – and not for me. Sadly :-(

Anonymous
      Inactive

Xanthe – I completely understand what you’re talking about with season 2. Personally, I still love the show, but it’s just not what it started as.
      That being said… you really might wanna watch the season 2 finale. It’s adorable!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I think I’ve made a clean break of it now. I saw a friend yesterday who watched the finale and she hated what they’d done to Harvey in the finale and I often agree with her about shows, so I think I’d feel the same way. The getting high thing is something that might work in fanfic but I’m disappointed in the show going there. One of the big points about Harvey’s character in S1 was that he hated it when Mike was high or drunk, and I felt there was a good reason for that, but it seems there isn’t. It’s all just very disappointing to me. The idea of Harvey pissing in someone’s office? HARVEY? The clever guy from S1 who always had the smart way out and the strong moral compass he hid beneath a veneer of ‘I don’t give a damn’? WTF?
      I started to dislike all the characters during S2, and it seems like they forgot who Harvey in particular is. He just keeps losing – cases, people, his own self respect. Last season he was all ‘if someone holds a gun to your head you have a gazillion different ways to respond’ and we saw that in how he used his brain and wits to get out of umpteen different situations. This season he seems entirely impotent and doesn’t come up with any ways out at all.
      There’s much less focus on the Harvey/Mike relationship, the dom/sub vibe has gone completely, I can’t stand the office politics and machinations – I always hate those on shows and it was one of the things that turned me off NCIS too. So I’m really just done with the show, sadly. It was a bait and switch thing – I would never have fallen for the show as it is in S2. It’s not my kind of thing. After NCIS I didn’t feel prepared to keep going with a show that did that to me. I was already feeling too badly burned!!!
      I don’t see how Suits can go back to any kind of case of the week thing now, and those were what I loved. But now everyone is used to high emotional drama and angst in every single episode, then the show has created this heightened sense of reality where a case of the week would feel boring. It has to kind of cruise along at high emotional altitude forever now. I feel very upset about it to be honest, but I’m completely done with the show and won’t be watching it again. Sigh :-(

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons